Who likes getting their brakes changed?
Um, no one really.
All brakes eventually need replacing due to use in spite of good driving habits. The brake system work we perform on your vehicle is warrantied by TECH-NET for 24 months or 24,000 miles (whichever comes first).
- Neglecting manufacturer recommended brake fluid change intervals
- Using poor quality brake parts
- Making sudden stops routinely
- Using your brake pedal simultaneously with your gas pedal
- Ongoing brake usage when grinding or squealing noise is present
- Neglecting a brake fluid leak by refilling the fluid instead of diagnosing/repairing
- Squealing, grinding, or screeching noise during braking
- Pedal goes all the way down
- Pedal requires excessive pressure
- Brake warning light comes on
- Your brake system has not been checked in a year
- Your brake fluid flush is past due per manufacturer recommendation
- You suspect a brake fluid leak
*Special note: sometimes when using poor quality brake pads, a grinding noise during application is present even when the brakes are still safe for use.
- Ease into stops
- Coast to slower speeds when possible
- Ensure manufacturer recommended fluid replacement schedule is performed
- Have your brake system components inspected annually
- Purchase quality parts
To learn more about how to make your brakes last longer we recommend this article.